Monday, April 14, 2014

What's a Dog to Do?

Spring is in the air...everywhere I look around...


Bad news: My paws, which have recovered over the long winter, growing fur and turning a beautiful white have started to look all red and blotchy again (how can a dog be allergic to grass? Shouldn't have be illegal or something?)


Good news: The rabbit is back! So if you don't remember, there was something in the yard that I came oh so very close to catching one late night in the fall. It squealed loud enough for daddy to hear it which is the only reason Mr. Cottontail was able to hop under the fence and out into the darkness. Otherwise, I would have me a nice little late night snack. Anyway, I searched and smelled and searched and smelled all winter long, waiting for the Cottontail to come back around. Well...my determination paid off because guess who decided to come hopping back into my backyard. Oh he thought he was sneaky, he did. Hanging out under the pine tree, chewing on Momma's tulips. Thought I wouldn't see him tucked back into the corner, scoping out the joint for his next hope. But I did, I did! Oh I ran and came so close to catching him. That pesky, sneaky rabbit though, he had dug himself a little patch under the fence that I wasn't able to fit under. I knew those chewy bones at night where a bad idea..made my hips too big!

I would have dug my way through if it wasn't for Dad's quick thinking and pulling me out from under the tree. So close...I could feel his fur on my nose. I was so proud though I ran into the house and upstairs to tell Mom all about it. She was less than thrilled that this muddy, sap covered Deputy jumped onto the newly washed bedspread though..scooped me right up and into the shower I went. This time I didn't mind so much because I could tell her all about my adventure (and it wasn't as cold as it had been the last time I got a bath). Needless to say, I dreamed of all things furry and cotton tailed last night.

Ohhhhh I can't wait until tonight though...I have a plan...if only the Sheriff will distract the humans for me....grrrrrrrrrrr be ready you pesky rabbit






2 comments:

  1. Deputy- I was wondering when you were going to post a tail. Continue your Inwesitagtion of the rabbit behavior and share your secrets. Our boys dream about these things too. Sorry about the extra bath- man you make a lot of work for your Mom- don't you know she has enough to do-
    Love- the boys at camp

    PS- will we see you at the Wine and Fleas- all of us are going, plus we will get to see the sister we had living here for 3 weeks- Abbey now Ellie Mae- we hope she didn't leave any girl cooties on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do make a lot of work for Mom-marking all over the clean clothes she just washed and folded only to have to do it all over again...marking on the couch instead of following the Sheriff outside, demanding loves and kisses all the time..it's a ruff life but someone has to do it.

    I've heard tail (hehe) of this Wine and Flea event but Mom and Dad are worried about me. See, I'm not so good in social situations and tend to make a lot of noise and make myself sick. We've been working on it but that combined with a long car ride may be hard on us pups. Cross your paws that I get better with other doggies real quick!

    ReplyDelete