Monday, September 8, 2014

One year later...

Labor Day weekend marked the one year anniversary of my arrival at the homestead. What a year! I've learned a lot and made a tremendous of progress from this scared, reactive puppy I was. When I first arrived, I was not a fan of water, having things removed from my fur, leaving toys or bones I should not have, or being petted at night. Happy to say all of those things have been resolved! I let Mommy wipe my paws and remove sticklers from my fur, I sit and look before crossing streets, and most importantly, I play! Not with the Sheriff of course but other doggies-a preference for bigger ones-I love to chase! 

All around a very great first year. Now if only Mom and Dad would give up on the whole "no marking in the house" rule. 

1 comment:

  1. Dougals, Congratulations- hard to believe it has been a year. You are a very handsome Westie. Your parents are very patient. Aren't you glad they found you? Year two is your year to master the art of only marking outside the house. Keep up the good work Deputy.

    ReplyDelete