Tuesday, September 17, 2013

First Morning at the Homestead-a letter to the foster family

Well today is my first morning at the new digs and so far, I think it will work. Mom and Dad seem very responsive to my desire to explore the whole house and backyard. I like this game of going to the back door and it just opens for me. It's fun to watch the humans jump up and encourage me to go outside- like I need to be told twice.

I ate a little bit of dinner but my stomach was still a little queasy from the drive but I didn't want Padfoot to get it either so I just decided my dinner bowl worked as a pillow.

They have windows everywhere and I love trying to look out of each and every one of them. I even jumped to the top of the couch to look out over the new homestead. Dad had to prop me up so I didn't slide but I'd like to think I can do it on my own next time.

I am not a fan of the bedroom. Padfoot and I are in agreement with that so we slept with Dad in the guest room. Apparently I will get the opportunity to sleep in there with just Padfoot soon but I still need some supervision for a while. Personally I think I would be just fine but the humans are responsible for the food so I don't argue too much.

There are a lot of new noises here and I make sure everyone knows there is a new deputy in town. Padfoot is still the sheriff but he has a very quiet way of dealing with potential criminals and well that just isn't my style. I want everyone to know I am coming to get em if they dare step too close to the homestead.

I am very proud to say I've had no accidents in the house thus far- too much fun getting the humans to jump up and down from the couch.

Well it was a long night of barking and an early morning so I guess it's nap time. Padfoot let me in on a secret- we get up early but are able to go back to sleep for most of the day as long as we don't show the humans too much energy.

 Licks and jumps to everyone.

Deputy Dougal.

No comments:

Post a Comment