Monday, September 30, 2013

The Deputy and The Dogpark

You've heard the saying two is company, three's a crowd? Imagine three plus a few zeros behind it and that would describe a dog park. For those that don't know, Sheriff Padfoot grew up in a very loving environment in which Mommy and Daddy socialized him very early. Seriously, the dog is a social butterfly-everytime we go anywhere, he has to sniff everyone and offer to play with at least half of the community.

Me-I am Mister Social Anxiety and I do NOT like to have any part of my body sniffed without permission. What I learned is that doggy park dogs know no boundaries and if you even think of walking around sniffing, it's an invitation to play. Somehow Sheriff Padfoot forgot to fill me in on the rules of dog park before we went and outside of what happens at dogpark is all over the doggy newsworld within 5 seconds (we pups are really good at the whole 140 characters or less deal), there are NO RULES!

So, here I am, walking around, sniffing the lay of the land when all of the sudden, I'm surrounded. Nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. The worst part? I couldn't turn around without a butt being in my face. Seriously? Where did these dogs learn manners? All of the sudden, there is a crack in the puppy shield and I make a run for it. I have no idea where I am going but I know I want Mommy-crap she is behind me, I need to turn around but I have about 5 really big dogs chasing me. Mommy!!!!!

Quickly scooped up and whew, I can take a breath. The Sheriff is at Mom's feet giving everyone in ear shot a good talking to about scaring the new guy and as he just loves to bark, there are more details than anyone wanted to know in there as well.

Ok after a few minutes of watching everyone, I think I'm safe so Mom puts me down. I walk a little and yep, you guessed it, the gang was back but this time I was prepared. I kept Mom's legs to my back and just tucked myself between them. No one could get me there-Haha Winner!

Wait, there is a female Westie coming in for a sniff. Well hello Dolly.....

Licks and Jumps to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment