Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Introductions

So it occurred to me, while I was chasing squirrels in my sleep, that I forgot to provide some background information about myself. Very important that I give you a positive first impression so apologies for my oversight in not making the first blog an introduction.

That being said, hello everyone, my name is Deputy Dougal formerly known as Casper. I for one am glad it changed as Casper the ever friendly ghost doesn't go over so well with the ladies. Deputy Dougal is distinguished and while the ladies are still not knocking down the door, I know they will come sooner rather than later.

Besides the fact that I am adorable and quite loving, what you should know about me is that I am a survivor. Unlike the Destiny Child song (I get props for knowing that, right?), I didn't survive a bad breakup but a crummy puppyhood. From the information gathered, I was not treated well nor was I ever allowed to be a happy, inquisitive puppy. Thankfully, after a year of living in abusive conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel appeared in the form of the angels of Maryland Westie Rescue. They took care of me, showed me love, and made sure I had a clean bill of health but perhaps the very best thing they did for me was provide me an amazing foster family.

For over five months, I had an opportunity to live in a safe, loving environment in the heart of Virginia surrounded by three foster brothers (also rescues) and a caring, patient foster Mom and Dad. They gave me food, love, and security for the first time in my doggy life. As much as I loved it there, foster homes are only temporary although mine was longer than most since it took awhile to find the perfect home. I am very special you see and I need humans that can deal with this particular level of specialness. One day, while out with my foster brothers, foster Mom gets a call and three weeks later, I left my foster family to become (drum roll please) Deputy Dougal.

The rest is history..or will be once all of my adventures are completed and the world has known the greatness that is The Deputy!

Licks and jumps to all.

2 comments:

  1. You are super special Deputy Dougal- you just don't know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for loving me Mom! Although I've settled in, I still miss you and Dad, Angus, Mac, and Oscar!

    ReplyDelete