Thursday, October 10, 2013

Inspiration Thursdays

Still raining at the Homestead but we have managed to get out for a few walks here and there. Mommy has received quite a few questions regarding this blog and how she and I got the idea to start one. To be fair, I've always thought my very interesting life warranted it's own novel but Mommy doesn't seem to think she has the talent or the time for such a venture. Compromise? A blog!

Apparently she thought about creating a blog when Sheriff Padfoot first came home. Who wouldn't love hearing about a 6 week old, 3 pound bundle of fluff experiencing the world for the first time? However, the whole "wow is she a crazy dog person or what?" feedback Mommy played over and over in her mind stopped her from pursuing it. Luckily for me, she found that she is not alone in love for all things Westies/doggies in general and while patiently awaiting for my arrival came across another blog dedicated to a rescue and her brother. "Tails from the Pup Tent" Finally, Mommy got  the push she needed (along with some helpful nudging from my foster Mommy) and "Howdy from the Homestead" and my much deserved fame were realized!

Enough of that now onto to the very exciting news of the week! The Sheriff and I had our first play session since meeting each other a month ago. While perusing boxes and bags in the garage that were full of the Sheriff's old toys, I discovered one of my all time favorite things in the world-a rubber puppy accordion! I recognized it right away as one of the toys offered to me at the academy (see picture of me sleeping with it in an earlier blog post). You can imagine my excitement at being reunited with my long lost favorite toy that I thought I would never see again! Picture running, tugging, and growling occurring over and over again. Not to be left out of all the fun, the Sheriff grabs my beloved toy and gives it a gentle tug. Confused and a little scared, I quickly release the toy and hide behind Daddy. After several minutes of encouragement from Mommy and Daddy and a very determined Sheriff patiently standing next to me with my toy and I finally feel confident enough to grab ahold and give my own gentle tug. Hey, this is kind of fun and before anyone realizes it, we are playing tug-a-war!
While no one should expect a repeat performance any time soon, I have to admit, having a Sheriff around may not be such a bad thing after all. Time will tell.

Loves and Licks to everyone,
Deputy Dougal

No comments:

Post a Comment